Wednesday 25 February 2015

"ITS TOO EARLY TO RETURN TO KENYA PREMIER LEAGUE" MARIGA


Celebrated midfielder Macdonald Mariga has ruled out any possibility of returning to play in Kenya soon despite current financial woes affecting his club Parma FC.
The Italian-based Mariga, however, hinted that he would love to end his career in Kenya when right time comes. “I have no problem whatsoever playing in Kenya again. In fact I will be more than willing to end my career in Kenya but for now I am not ready.
“We are having grave problems back home with parallel leagues order of the day. Unless things change for the better, I don’t see myself being part and parcel of this mess. We have seen world class players return to play in South African league after retiring from Europe but that cannot be the case in Kenya now because we are not organized,” Mariga told K24 television in a telephone interview.
Mariga admitted candidly that Parma FC are in the red and confirmed he will make a decision whether to leave club at the end of the season ‘if they don’t get a new investor’. “It is true that we have gone for six months without payments and rules in Serie A stipulate clearly that if a club does not pay players and staff for three months…it is dissolved.

“In our case we have not received salary payments for the last six months but have been attending training sessions regularly. Even now I have arrived from training.
“We are keeping our fingers closed for now hoping that situation will improve for the better. We hope that a new chairman will take over at the club. I love Parma FC because this is where I launched my career in Italy. I will love to stay if situation gets better but if not…then I will wait for coming six months to make up my mind.”
Reports from Italy indicated on Sunday that Parma FC had been dissolved after confirming to Serie ‘A’ that they will not be able to fulfill their duties this season. The club have been in financial trouble for a number of years, but it recently became clear that the problems had reached a new level, with players confirming that the squad had not been paid their wages this season.


Source: Goal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment